STOP PANICKING!

Forum, game and website related news and announcents.

STOP PANICKING!

Postby glitchhunter09 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Hey everyone. I've noticed people like P.Rex are taking the closure of the forum very seriously. We still have three months until it actually closes it. Rather than packing up your Blam! and leaving now as fast as possible, take your time to move back. Granted, there's a lot of stuff on the forums so don't over do it.

Everyone, including P.Rex are acting like this needs to be done ASAP. The problem here is, we may get a donation from someone within the next three months. you never know. So only slowly move over to the old boards until we're absolutely sure that nobody makes a donation. These boards have some life in them still.

Thank you.
glitchhunter09
Site Admin

Re: STOP PANICKING!

Postby dinosauriac » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:42 am

How would you take donations exactly? I mentioned Patreon in another thread, but would be more than willing to make a personal donation. As someone who's been involved developing multiple dino games myself, I know how important the community around them can be in keeping them alive and kicking and fun. Though of course there's a Discord now and some of the mod files can be found elsewhere, it'd be a huge shame to see this place go and I'd like to help if I can.
dinosauriac
Moschops

Postby P.Rex » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:08 am

This isn't "panicking", Glitch. It's pragmatism. I'm every bit as emotionally-invested in this community as you are, it's a second home to me, and I'd rather have our home be stable. Even if you get donations running, the new forum will be under constant threat of closure every month. Meanwhile, the old forum has been around forever and requires no donations. Why place this burden on people? We all have our taxes and bills already, and we all deserve to be ourselves and be free to create on this community without any financial restrictions, like we've always done.

If the majority of admins and members decide to stay here, I'll stay as well and will gladly also participate in donations (to the best of my ability) to help keep this place afloat. I just don't think it's necessary.
P.Rex
Site Admin

credits: 0

Postby Rexhunter99 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:34 pm

dinosauriac wrote:How would you take donations exactly? I mentioned Patreon in another thread, but would be more than willing to make a personal donation. As someone who's been involved developing multiple dino games myself, I know how important the community around them can be in keeping them alive and kicking and fun. Though of course there's a Discord now and some of the mod files can be found elsewhere, it'd be a huge shame to see this place go and I'd like to help if I can.

I didn't feel that patreon was worth the time (risk vs reward)
Also I had a paypal.me set up a while back that would have been perfect for people to send money too, If I remember the costs right it;s $90 for three months of hosting, $10 for the epiczen.net domain and $19.99 for thecarnivoressaga.com domain. I paid for the domains monthyl and the web hosting tri-monthly.

If in the end we somehow figure out how to afford the funding and keep it stable, I still have all the database and webserver files backed up so it would be really easy to reinstate those on a new webhost. For now it's perfectly fine to move any important topics back to the original invisionfree forum just in case you're nto around when the forum goes down.
DNS: minecraft.epiczen.net:45336
Rexhunter99
Site Admin

Postby dinosauriac » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Rexhunter99 wrote:I didn't feel that patreon was worth the time (risk vs reward)
Also I had a paypal.me set up a while back that would have been perfect for people to send money too

Well, if you choose a method let us know. Would gladly contribute.
dinosauriac
Moschops

Return to News & Announcements