Sound Issues

The first title in the Carnivores trilogy!

Sound Issues

Postby DinoHunt Investor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:47 am

I'm trying to get back into Carnivores 1. I don't really know why because Reloaded is a superior alternative. Perspective, I guess. Anyway so I'm trying to get back into Carnivores, but I keep getting audio looping issues as soon as I launch the renderer. I have the new D3D-enabled version with RexHunter's profile on default, and I'm running for WIndows 95 compatibility, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'd greatly appreciate any help that could be given.
DinoHunt Investor
Parasaurolophus

Re: Sound Issues

Postby glitchhunter09 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am

It's because the game only has Software sound and it doesn't work right on Windows 7 and higher for some reason. Also, Rexhunter did a D3D patch? When? Last I checked he was off doing other things.
glitchhunter09
Site Admin

Postby DinoHunt Investor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:20 pm

I believe it was actually the "official" Carnivores Saga main website download of Carnivores. Comes with a D3D that has yet to crash on me (again, just the stupid sound that isn't working). It literally goes machinegun on the first sound bit that starts in the renderer, and never stops until it's closed (end hunt).
DinoHunt Investor
Parasaurolophus

Postby DinoHunt Investor » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Another thing: I know something is abnormally wrong and fixable because Bestinslot was able to make a Carnivores series and he didn't have such intense sound issues like I'm having.
DinoHunt Investor
Parasaurolophus

Return to Carnivores